Monday, April 21, 2008

Deleted

Reading Inalienable Writes made me think of another thing...Moxie describes a 60 minutes show about a girl who was a "loser" irl but a very popular girl on the net. However, the cite was a bit risque in her parents' opinion and she was forced to erase "herself".

My question...which person is the "real" you? Is it your online persona? Or is the flesh and blood you? If you delete the web you, does a part of the flesh and blood you get deleted, as well?
Brad Paisley sings a song called, "Online," where he describes a guy who "so much cooler online."

"I work down at the Pizza Pit
And I drive an old Hyundai
I still live with my mom and dad
I'm 5 foot 3 and overweight
I'm a
scifi fanatic
A mild asthmatic
And I've never been to second base
But there's whole 'nother me
That you need to see
Go checkout MySpace

'Cause online I'm out in Hollywood
I'm 6 foot 5 and I look damn good
I drive a Maserati
I'm a black-belt in karate
And I love a good glass of wine"

Anyway, I just wonder which of these persona's matters more. I mean great, you're cool online and that's where you spend most of your time. But you do need to exist in the physical world. So I pose my question again...which person is the "real" you?

No comments: